Monday 19 September 2016

Meet The Writers

With the new look and name of this project comes a new contributor. So we thought we'd take the opportunity to introduce you to ourselves. We've done a little question and answer for each other to give you a bit of insite into our musical journey.

You might not care, but we're doing it anyway. 

Jonathan (Jonny) Radley



The metalhead. Creator of Jonny's Heavy Metal Blogs and Reviews, the first incarnation of Behind the Beat music blog.


Q) Do you remember the first time you fell in love with music

A) Probably when my Dad took me to all the local rockabilly shows. We used to go to Horncastle every weekend and I'd buy a 7" vinyl single. I didn't know what I was buying but just picking one I looked the look of and that was enough for me. I was the only kid I knew with a record player in my room!


Q) Now I know you're an axe man but who was it that drove you to pick it up for the first time

A) One man, Hendrix.


Q) If you could 'make love/fuck' any song what would it be and why

A) I don't even know how to answer that.


Q) What's your fondest childhood memory 

A) Buying alcohol at 14.


Q)What would be your ultimate line up for a one night only gig (Dead or alive)

A) Hendrix
Pink Floyd
Led Zep
Co Headliners: original Skynyrd Line up and Pantera and Sabbath


Q) You have two beautiful daughters, who's sound are you introducing them to in this day an age.

A) Rose liked the Trooper by Maiden as a baby. It'd always settle her if she was upset. However she is still adamant, and has been for a few months, that Slabdragger's Rise of the Dawncrusher is her favourite CD. She also likes Adelle a lot and I can live with that, JUST.


Fleur likes Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Old McDonald. I mean each to their own, but that shit's just to heavy for me.


They have both heard the entire back catalogue of Crowbar and Orange Goblin and it did not impress them almost as much as it should have.


Q) Who gave you the best live experience?

A) For pure sound Black Label Society. For immense performance Lamb of God but I'd have to say for my own excitement and memories of fun times it's gotta be Down every time. 

Q) Who's your favourite Disney villain?

A) The fat octopus witch from Little Mermaid, devine evil hoebag.


Q)What makes you write about bands, what's the driving force behind it all?

A) It's a hobby. I like the aspect of hearing new music, discovering bands and learning about underground music. Also I like to think it occasionally helps the artists.

James (Jimmy) Tinsley



The Punk rocker. Based in Manchester. Has a passion for live music. The man with a tongue so silky you could weave a scarf. 


Q) Name and Rank?

A) Jimbletron the deceptercon


Q) Favourite band/musician? 

A) Blink 182/travis barker


Q) Why them?

A) They are the ultimate don't take yourself too seriously band which assists with my Peter Pan syndrome I've got going on! On a serious note though they're fun and they represent everything that I'm about! If you were to say 'yo jimmy, what's your personality' I'd just say 'American pie and blink 182, go work it out'


Q) How did you get heavily into music?

A) It all started for me with green day man, Jonny long cock (the very same man above) had this tape of Brain Stew/Jaded and I made my dad play it in the car on the ride home from his. I just fucking loved that sound it was like speaking to me on a whole new level! The next weekend I walked into Our Price and bought Insomniac with my pocket money! That album changed my life.


Q) If you walk out of a door without facing forward, do you hit your huge nose on the door frame?

A) Absolute lolz, rumour has it, yes.


Q) Music Dream?

A) Having a personal drum clinic with Travis 'mother fucking' Barker


Q) Music Nightmare?

A) Justin fucking Bieber


Q) What do you think is the best song ever written and why?

A) Pink Floyd 'Wish You Were Here' it's just a beautiful song that speaks to any listener.


Q) Which single musician inspires you most?

A) Travis Barker, he's just one sick dude.



Q) Best live experience.

A) Rancid circa 2003. I went in on such high hopes and they were just insane not a single boot wasn't giving the Roots Radicals.




We hope to bring you plenty of content covering multiple genres, with album, ep and single reviews, live reviews, inteeviews and introduction articles. 

Follow us: Twitter/Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment